Thursday, June 27, 2013

Don't Laugh at Birds

Yesterday Travalon and I went to see Schindler's List, which is right up there with Who Killed the Electric Car? for making you question your faith in humanity, the difference being that there was a decent person in Schindler. We had dinner at Kabul's on State Street and sat outside, enjoying the beautiful evening. I was amused by the little sparrows stuffing themselves with saffron rice left behind by restaurant patrons, and I really laughed at one that was gobbling the rice down as fast as he could. Do you suppose it was just a coincidence that, after I had laughed at the birds, one pooped right on my arm?? I think they remember their ancestors used to be huge, fierce dinosaurs, but now they are just little creatures begging for rice, so when I dared to laugh at them, they took revenge the only way they could.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

I am more dismayed that people leave so much uneaten food and not take it with.

Famous Hat said...

This was more just spilled rice than anyone leaving a ton of food like you and I have seen at Jerkins many times.