Monday, September 14, 2015

Discovering Windsor


I hope all my readers had a good weekend. Travalon and I had a quiet Friday evening, just going to the North Side Restaurant for catfish. Saturday Tiffy came up for her birthday celebration, and I met her and her sister for lunch at a sushi restaurant. I said it was a treat for me because Travalon does not like sushi, and Tiffy’s sister said she has “sushi friends” to go out with too because her husband also does not like sushi. While Tiffy was running some errands with her sister, Travalon and I went out for another boat ride back in the marsh. In the evening, the three of us brought Rodney to Liliana’s for another Doggie Dinner, and we met Richard Bonomo there. Tiffy and I had the fundraiser four-course meal, with pumpkin curry soup, arugula salad with candied walnuts and goat cheese, ribeye steak, and a shortbread dog bone cookie with strawberries and whipped cream. Each course was paired with a wine (except dessert, which was paired with limoncello), so I got a bit tipsy. We sat out on the patio, and plenty of other people were there with dogs this time. It was a beautiful evening, but a bit cool.

Yesterday was lovely. Tiffy, Travalon, and I watched the Packers beat the Bears, then she headed home and he and I went on a long boat ride with Rodney. We had heard that the Yahara River started from Lake Windsor, so we went on a mini road trip to find the lake. Travalon had thought Windsor was a township, but it is actually a cute little town of 4000, although it has no obvious downtown. We did stumble across a pizza place as we explored, so we had dinner there. They played Frank Sinatra in the background, and we sat in a cozy corner by the window. It was such a delightful evening. There is even a little fishing pond in town that Travalon would like to try, and it's so close to us. What a fun discovery!

Famous Hat

No comments: