Friday, January 15, 2016

Living on a (Caloric) Budget


This health app that Light Bright, Jilly Moose, and I are doing makes calorie counting easy to do. I think of it like money: at the start of every day I have a set budget that I can spend, and I earn more every day by walking 10,000 steps. Tonight Travalon and I went to the Nau-Ti-Gal, and I had baked cod and vegetables, which didn't spend too much of my calorie budget. However, they gave me a cheese biscuit I hadn't budgeted for, and of course I had to put butter on it, which cost even more calories. The whole reason we had gone there was because I had a coupon for a free dessert for my birthday, and I had budgeted for one slice of key lime pie. However, somehow I had gone way over budget so after we got home I had to "work overtime" and earn some more calories back. The only way to do that, of course, is to move, so we put on a Boz Scaggs DVD and I ran to it. Now I have gone 16,500 steps today. One thing doing this health app has taught me is that I am the type of person who would rather have the pie and then run for two hours than say no to the pie.

Famous Hat

No comments: