Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Happy Candlemas


Happy Candlemas to my readers! How did I celebrate this Feast of the Presentation of Our Lord? Not by going to Mass, although as it turns out, I easily could have. Today was supposed to be marked by a heavy snowstorm, so I asked for the day off of work. However, this morning everything was clear as could be, so Travalon and I ventured out for coffee. Around ten the snow started to fall heavily, and I thought, "Ah, I was wise to stay home, after all!" There was even thundersnow, and apparently some people saw lightning. However, by one the snow had tapered off again, so Travalon and I went to the Willows for their $2 Tuesday tacos. Then we went home and watched The Lion King, which was a surprisingly appropriate choice for today, because the presentation of the cub is prominently featured in the movie. It does seem as if the movie could be a metaphor for Christ's life in some ways, because after the presentation, Simba leads a hidden life until he is called upon to save his people, er, lions. Though he doesn't have to die for them, he does risk his life to save them from evil. Anyway, that was our "snow day" today. Watch - the weather will be worse tomorrow, but they will really look at me askance if I take two days off of work for nonexistent weather conditions!

Famous Hat

No comments: