Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Not Headless for Mardi Gras


Happy Mardi Gras! Today at Irish class we gave our teacher a present: good Irish whiskey and a decanter that is engraved with an expression in Irish that means: "Better broken Irish than perfect English." Of course I don't remember exactly what it was, but it was something like: Nios fearr briste Gaeilge na foirfe bearla, only it rhymed, plus Spellcheck keeps trying to "correct" my Irish. I'll find the actual expression and put it into a subsequent post.

Travalon went to New Orleans Take Out and got shrimp creole for me and fried oysters and shrimp for himself to celebrate Mardi Gras. We also had dirty rice and cornbread. I was afraid that with the treats I had at work I would have gone over my calorie count for the day, but I ran through most of Ant-Man (a very entertaining movie) and managed to burn off all those calories. Of course I forgot to wear any of my Mardi Gras beads, but Handy Woman lent me a strand so I wasn't completely beadless today. And I love that Spellcheck tried to change that to headless. Though it is true, I was not completely headless today.

Famous Hat

No comments: