Friday, February 15, 2019

A Doubly Weird Day



Today two weird things happened to me. The first was early this morning, as I was preparing to leave the house, I could not find my car key. I always put it in my coat pocket, but maybe it had fallen out on the couch, where I had left my coat. I didn’t see it on the couch but figured I could just use my spare key. So I tore apart the house looking for the spare key, until suddenly noticing something on the couch – my regular car key, right where I had first looked for it! How had I not seen it before? I still have no idea where the spare key went, but after all that I was only fifteen minutes late for work, and it didn’t even matter because I had already worked late earlier this week, and nobody was there to see my late entrance.

The second weird thing was when I had to run two errands that required taking the free bus that drives all around campus. (It was too cold out to walk that far.) The bus comes by every five minutes during class times, so I easily caught one and successfully ran the errands. I caught the bus back, but it stopped at the Union and the bus driver ran off, saying, “Don’t be mad at me!” I assumed he just had to powder his nose, but suddenly he fell. I thought he had slipped on the ice, but he did a somersault and I realized he hadn’t fallen by accident but had leapt into the somersault. That was kind of crazy! This bus driver has quite a few years on me, and I can’t see myself leaping into a somersault on the cold, hard ground! When I told the story to a couple of coworkers, one said, “Oh yeah, that bus driver always does something crazy when he gets off the bus.” So if you ever find yourself on the 80 bus, and the driver is a lean gentleman of around sixty, watch for his bus-departing hijinks.

Famous Hat


No comments: