Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Slow Food and Cool Buildings on Campus



Monday Travalon went to a Badger game, so I went to Slow Food for the first time in forever. The cook was a First Nations member (I think Oneida), so the food was all local, like wild rice and whitefish and a delicious blue corn pudding. It was so good to see everyone again! To my surprise, Pete the Sailor Man was there – he had never gone back when I used to go, but one of the other regulars got him into it. I run into him in the most random places!

Yesterday was an interesting day in a good way. First I had a meeting at the top of one of the tallest buildings on campus, in a room that is floor-to-ceiling windows in all directions. Then one of the other people at the meeting introduced herself because we had emailed each other but never met. She said to stop by her office on the top floor of the University Club, so later that day when I was out running a different errand, I did stop by. I talked to her and some other very friendly people I have emailed, and it was quite cool to see the top level of the University Club. It was on my bucket list to see more of that building than just the public dining area on the ground floor, and recently I got to see the lower level. Now I have seen the top level too. I suppose the floors in between are not as interesting.

Famous Hat


No comments: