Thursday, February 14, 2019

Photos of Early 2019


Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Travalon and I went to the University Club for a romantic dinner tonight, and now it's late, so I'll make this quick. Here are some recent photos. This first one is the arrangement we gave to OK Cap when her dad died, three blooming bromeliads. Here they are at the memorial service for her dad.


Here are a couple more pictures from Olbrich Garden:



This is the not so great picture I took of the Super Blood Wolf Moon. Travalon took a better picture of it, which I will try to post at some point.


Here is the red panda Travalon and I made at Fired Up. We think the Chinese characters are actually for a great panda, but we couldn't fit the ones for a red panda on one small tile.


Here is Clyde, the stuffed dog I gave Travalon for his birthday.


For reference, here is a picture of my plant room before we had to put all the plants on blankets because of the extreme cold:


And here is how it looked after we frantically moved the plants onto blankets. It is back to normal now.


And here are all my succulents piled onto a table because the window sills were so cold:


On that very cold day when we didn't leave the house, we entertained ourselves by walking around to reggae, and Travalon brought along some hitchhikers:


Here is the huge pink squirrel Travalon had at Steak Night with the guys. This picture apparently does not capture the immense pinkness of the drink.



This is the really cool mural of Wisconsin made of bicycle gears in a coffee shop on Willy Street.


This is the ice sculpture they had at the swanky fundraiser for Travalon's job:


When I got coffee on Saturday, they made a little bunny in my latte:


Here are a couple of shots from the Domes in Milwaukee: a gasteria just like one I used to have, and a cool little cactus that is a perfect star.



Here is the colorful rubber plant Travalon gave me for Valentine's Day:


And this is the discount fern I got for free.


This is a Chinese evergreen I got at the same time as the discount fern:


And this is some kind of dracaena I bought because I've never seen one like it before:


Here is the little crystal Christmas tree Travalon got me from the antique store.


And here is the beautiful rose they made of a napkin at the University Club tonight.


This is a brief video of the chocolate fountain at the swanky fundraiser for Travalon's job:


This is a very brief video of the tamburitza group we saw in Milwaukee. The guy on the far left is playing a prim, which looks a lot like the tiny "bouzouki" Travalon once gave me. So is my instrument actually a prim?


Famous Hat



No comments: