Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Make America the Roaring 20's Again



The other evening Travalon and I were discussing “Make America Great Again,” and we wondered when exactly the people who created this motto thought America was great. If you go back in our country’s past, some groups have been treated shamefully. We did think maybe the 20’s wouldn’t have been so bad – women were newly empowered with the right to vote, and there were a lot of black-owned businesses. Baseball was wonderful, with Babe Ruth and the thriving Negro League. The music was fantastic – hot jazz? Yes, please! So if people are endorsing going back to the 20’s, I don’t have a problem with that.

Weirdly, I seem to have a dream connection with my old coworkers. About a month ago I dreamed that all of us who were laid off or retired last year were walking through a beautiful paradise, and a woman who currently works there was with us. I asked Handy Woman if she had gotten a new job, and she said no, but she was on vacation in a tropical paradise. Then just yesterday I dreamed my old boss had gotten a new job, and then Handy Woman emailed to ask if I had heard about my old boss getting a new job. Does my subconscious still wish I were working there? Or do I just miss the people that much?

Apparently they are getting rid of Google+, and that includes all comments made on this blog using Google+. Great - I hardly get any comments as it is, and now half of them will disappear.

Famous Hat


1 comment:

Richard Bonomo said...

Really? All of the comments made using Google+ are going to disappear from blogger.com? Could you point me to the information page that has the details?