Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Weird Bus Experiences and Lazy Plants



In the last couple of weeks I have had some odd experiences involving the bus. Last Friday I was bundled from head to toe with only my eyes showing, and a college kid on the bus hit on me! You would think he could see the crow’s feet around my eyes, but apparently he only noticed that I was female and didn’t realize I was middle-aged and plump – who could tell my size under a bulky coat, after all? We began chatting, and he soon realized his mistake and started pointedly talking about his girlfriend. I didn’t bother telling him that I was happily married, as well as being old enough to have borne him, and we had a good conversation about superhero movies. I thought that was pretty funny.

The second thing was on Monday afternoon, just after I got on the bus, I saw a guy I know sauntering toward the next bus stop, but he did not get there in time to get on the bus. Then several stops later he got on the bus!! What?!? Believe me, this guy is not fast enough to run to that stop before the bus got there – his usual speed is a relaxed waddle because he is almost as wide as he is tall. Did I just think I saw him the first time, but it was actually someone who looked just like him? Was it a glitch in the Matrix, as they say? I guess I will never know.

This has nothing to do with busses, but my plants Greg, The Professor, Dr. Cheung, and Jolly Bob lived in Rich’s wonderful atrium area for a couple of years, and they were pushed back toward the wall to allow more room. So guess what? They realized there was a wall there (can plants “realize”? Who knows?) and started to lean against it. Now that they are all in my condo, they don’t stand up straight, so I have to put them against walls to hold them up. Plants – they’re just as lazy as we are. It didn’t occur to me until I was moving Dr. Cheung and Jolly Bob around to minimize their contact with cold windows, floors, etc., and then I realized they all have this issue. Is that just the nature of life, that it will always seek the path of least resistance? I thought I was like that because of being born in the Year of the Pig. Happy Lunar New Year – it is my year again! We Pigs are supposedly very lucky, but very lazy. Sounds about right.

Famous Hat



No comments: