Monday, February 18, 2019

Rich's Hot Chocolate Bar Birthday Party



I hope that my readers had a good weekend. Friday Travalon and I celebrated the last day of the Lunar New Year celebrations by going out to dinner at Imperial Garden, our favorite Chinese restaurant in town. This year we did not make an effort to get special “New Year” meals but just ordered our favorites from the menu.

Saturday I had a gig at a community gardening symposium that went well, and the organizer of the community garden close to our house talked me into coming to their sign-up event in a couple of weeks. I also ran into an old coworker I always liked, so that was fun. Then I met up with Tiffy, and we got bubble tea and talked and shopped until meeting up with some other people at a new restaurant called Badger Kitchen. Despite the name that might lead you to believe it sells burgers and brats, the menu was mostly Nepalese comfort food. It was delicious and reasonably priced, although I had an adventure with the waitress accidentally spilling a beer all over me and my purse. (She did give me a discount.) Then several of us went out for rolled ice cream afterwards. Travalon, meanwhile, went to visit his mother and then hung out with one of his best friends for the whole day.

Sunday Travalon and I went to the close church for Mass because there was so much snow, then we went to the Kingdom for brunch. Eventually we ventured down to Rich’s house for the hot chocolate bar Jilly Moose put on for his birthday party. Quite a group was there, including Luxuli and Prairie Man (who brought peppermint schnapps), Cecil Markovitch (who brought chocolate chocolate-chip ice cream), and my OTHER choir director (who brought a chocolate coconut cake). My own contribution was a bottle of Bailey’s to add to the hot chocolate. There were all sorts of additives, and we sat around drinking cocoa and eating chocolate until just a few of us were left, and then one guy brought fried chicken and sides from McGee’s for us. Kudos to Jilly Moose for throwing such a fun party! Then Travalon and I went home and watched the NBA All-Stars’ Game; at first it was really fun because Team Giannis was way ahead of the heavily favored Team LeBron, but in the end they struggled and lost by quite a bit. So sad! I still love Giannis Antetokounmpo and think he should have been MVP, the way he was putting up points. Apparently they never choose the Most Valuable Player from the losing team.

Famous Hat


No comments: