Friday, May 14, 2021

Anniversary Present Part Two

 

Since the Led Zeppelin poster Travalon got me for an anniversary present was just a reproduction of a blacklight poster and didn't glow under blacklight, he ordered an actual vintage blacklight poster for me. Today it arrived, so we waited for darkness to fall to see if it worked. This one was the Loch Ness Monster, from the Seventies, back when people were really into blacklight. (I don't know why they aren't still into it.) Meanwhile, I went for a walk with my neighbor, and she took this photo of another neighbor's magnolia tree in bloom.


I took the blacklight poster up to the loft once Travalon got home, but there was still too much light. I kind of liked how my landscape looked in the late afternoon light.


Here it is under the blacklight for purposes of comparison.


It occurred to me that some of the pictures I had colored in my adult coloring books might look really cool under the blacklight, but of course I can't find the coloring book with the pictures I was thinking of, so that's my next project. Here are a couple of pictures from a different (but also under the sea-themed) coloring book.



And here is the vintage blacklight poster of the Loch Ness Monster. It works!


I still have one more canvas to paint (and I can always purchase more), and the one undersea coloring book should have some really awesome pictures under blacklight, if I can find it. It's not where I swear I last left it. Anyway, that's something to look for on this blog. A couple of matters where I left readers hanging should be cleared up too: Travalon's computer did mysteriously start working again a few days after it stopped working, and he has decided to name the little polar bear Yuri. Not after the hibiscus plant at Rich's house.


Famous Hat


No comments: