Monday, May 10, 2021

Seven Years!

 

The train video will have to wait for tomorrow, because tonight I am posting pictures of our anniversary presents to each other. I was thinking of wearing my wedding dress, but I spent an hour at the garden plot weeding (which barely made a dent), so I am disgusting and sweaty. Then Travalon came home, and we exchanged gifts. I gave him what he requested: a stuffed Stanley Panther from the Florida Panthers hockey team. (True story: I've ordered so much Florida Panthers stuff for him that I now get email updates like, "Panthers win!" And I can barely think of anything I care less about than hockey.) So here's Stanley:



Since Travalon named the little stuffed polar bear I gave him this past Christmas Stanley after the Florida Panther mascot, but now he has the actual mascot, he may rename the polar bear. Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments. 

Travalon gave me a book called What It's Like to Be a Bird, and he gave me a reproduction of a Led Zeppelin blacklight poster, but alas, it doesn't look nearly as interesting under blacklight as the ones I remember people having back in college.


He also gave me a dozen little glass hummingbird pendants.


They glow in the dark! Check it out.


I will try to make these into a mobile at some point. Travalon says they are jewelry, so I guess they are to wear as necklaces, but you wouldn't wear all twelve at once. 

After that we watched the video of our wedding, and then we were a little late logging into Night Prayer, but everyone heartily wished us a Happy Anniversary. What we missed from logging in late was that one of the Dairyman's Daughter's cats, Claude (Clawed?), caught a mouse and brought it to her as she was singing the hymn, so she was caught off-guard and the leader had to sing the last verse. Ah, the joy of pets! Just yesterday I was telling Travalon that there's one thing I don't miss about pet ownership, and that's trimming claws. I've done it for rabbits, guinea pigs, and parakeets, and they all hate it. Sometimes I think it would be lovely to have a little creature around the house again, but there are advantages to only having plants. 


Famous Hat


No comments: