Monday, July 19, 2021

Green Heron

 

Tonight Travalon and I had dinner on the dock again, and we had a visitor! Check out this cute bird! Of course we hadn't brought the good camera - just think how good the photos would have been when it was so close to us!


It was a green heron! Look how long its neck is. As long as the rest of the bird!


Then it flew a little further away, so I ran home and grabbed the good camera. Travalon got several photos of it - this is probably the best one.


They say green herons are just as common as great blue herons, but you don't see them as much because they usually hang out in trees, not making any noise, so you don't notice them. Not like the big blue ones, that stand in the water and are hard to miss.

We also saw this little bird with a delightful song. I have posted his photo on the birding page, so hopefully they can ID him for me.


I took this photo with my cell phone before we had the good camera with us.


And here is the sunset as taken by Travalon's good camera.



And on the other side of the sky, we saw the moon. You can make out the craters in this photo!


Okay, I lied about posting more photos of our boat trip tonight - for some reason Boethius is taking forever to upload photos to Blogspot, so it took me half an hour just to post these few. I am backing him up, so maybe that's why...? Will try again tomorrow.


Famous Hat


No comments: