Thursday, July 8, 2021

More Photos from Our Illinois Road Trip

 

Today was mostly not exciting; for example, after work I had one meeting where I'm the secretary, and then another meeting where I'm the treasurer. But one funny thing did happen: as I was taking my lunchtime walk, the postman was looking at a frog on the ground. He said it had climbed up the side of the mailboxes for another condo association and then climbed into the slot for outgoing mail two days in a row! I said if it's there tomorrow maybe he should name it, and when he asked if I had any suggestions, I vaguely remembered a children's book about a boy named Flat Stanley who mailed himself to various places. Does anyone else remember this book? Here is the frog.



Remember when I posted cat art? It seems the lap desk I use with my computer Boethius can also create smiley faces. It's been leaking little styrofoam balls, and look at the smiley face it made!


Here are some more photos from the Railway Museum. This isn't even all of them, so there may be a future blog post with more train photographs.












I didn't even notice Travalon taking this photo of me chillaxin'.


Some of the trains had authentic old advertisements on them.


I love all these crossing signals!




Here are some more photos from Chicago. Annoyingly, Blogspot put them on in the opposite order I requested, so here are some more shots from Travalon's cell phone of the nighttime skyline.



And here are some more photos of the fascinating array of architectural styles in downtown Chicago. Some of these same buildings are the ones we saw lit up later with red, white, and blue lights.



















And here are some photos from Chinatown. I'm not sure why this lamb would be happy that it's in a hot pot...





Sorry about the reverse order of the photos. Blogspot always has to do something unexpected. Yesterday it wasn't uploading my video that was less than a minute long. I just can't keep up with its quirks.


Famous Hat

No comments: