Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Order for Toe Knee: TOGO TOGO TOGO

 

This evening I went to Ash Wednesday Mass at my church, and I sat with Jilly Moose. It was so wonderful singing those minor-key hymns! After Mass a half-dozen of us went over to Noodles and Company for our one meal of the day, but annoyingly they no longer bring your food to your table. Now they put it in a bag as if it's a to-go order, even if you are eating there. They put your name on the bag, and there was nothing particularly noteworthy about that for most of us, but one of the group goes by the common nickname for Anthony. Tony, am I right? But his bag said "Toe Knee" on it. Jilly Moose laughed so hard that she could hardly breathe. I have no idea if the people working at Noodles were being silly, because who has not heard the name Tony before? Did they really think he went by two body parts? And then under "Toe Knee" it said "TOGO TOGO TOGO." Not sure why they're so excited about a country in West Africa, and "Toe Knee" had said he was going to eat there, so surely they didn't mean "to go." And not just once, but three times??? I guess they really didn't want him to stay!


Famous Hat


No comments: