Thursday, March 31, 2022

Unexpected Utterances

 

Last night, while I was on Night Prayer, I asked Travalon to "throw me the scorpion," and Rich said, "That's a sentence you don't hear every day!" It was because we were comparing stuffed animals, and the closest one to me was Esteban the Scorpion who glows under blacklight. 


But this is not the first unexpected utterance out of me. I remember saying some years ago, in all sincerity, "Every serious ukulele player must own a kazoo," before realizing what a ridiculous statement that was, even if it's kind of true. How can anyone use "serious" and "kazoo" in the same sentence? And many years ago when I had little money, I told Tiffy, "I can't decide if I should go to the dentist or buy the balalaika," and she said, "That is a sentence that only you would say." Since both of those sentences have to do with musical instruments, they aren't the most unexpected thing for me to say, not like if I were suddenly pondering the purchase of a Geiger counter or wondering how to improve my golf swing. People who know me would really be surprised to hear me say anything like that. Or maybe not, since I'm so random, and that's why I keep coming up with unexpected utterances.


Famous Hat



No comments: