Thursday, March 3, 2022

The Perfect Medal for Me

 

I forgot to mention that I had been telling Travalon that the cranes would show up on March 1st, since that's when they show up every year, and then Tuesday morning we could hear them yelling outside our windows. I looked out, and they were standing in the marsh grass. Do they have calendars? How do they know to come back exactly on that date? This morning Travalon and I went for a walk, and we saw another crane in a neighbor's yard, but we still haven't seen the pair we call Bob and Hitachi, and that our neighbors call Frasier and Lilith. I think they're older, and maybe they stay down south a little longer. 

Tuesday at Adoration I saw these flowers in the chapel. I just love the combination of pastels.


Today an exciting thing arrived in the mail: my Ring of Kerry virtual challenge medal!


You can't see it, but on the ribbon it says: "Comhar, Cabhair, Cairdeas." That is Irish for "Cooperation, Help, Friendship," which must be the motto of the Conquerer community. And then the little slashes along the right side of the medal are ogham, the ancient alphabet of Ireland. I transcribed those as "HRREC OF GNIR," which makes no sense, but then I realized it goes from bottom to top, not top to bottom. Guess I should have researched it more carefully! Of course - it says "Ring of Kerry." This is the perfect medal for me because of all the linguistic puzzles on it.


Famous Hat
 

No comments: