Monday, March 28, 2022

Ozobot

 

This afternoon I left work early to go to a protest for economic justice. My colleague said that was so nice of me to use my vacation time to protest for other people, she uses her vacation time for herself, but I would like to think that I have left the world a slightly better place than when I entered it. I was meeting someone from the union, but in the big crowd gathered around the main entrance to the Capitol, I didn't see him. Finally I called him, and he had gone to the wrong place. People kept asking if I wanted a sign, and it took all my self-control not to say, "I already have a sign - Capricorn!" since sometimes leftists take themselves so seriously. I just said I was going to have a union sign, and then my union buddy arrived with a sign for me. We marched around the Capitol Square, singing a lot of call-and-response stuff, then we went to Light Bright's church, which is two blocks away from my own church. We gathered in there, and they started singing that spiritual that goes, "Woke up this morning with my mind, and it was stayed on Jesus!" only their mind was stayed on freedom. Not gonna lie, that did freak me out a little, because what exactly are they worshipping? But just then Travalon texted that he was on his way, so I went over to my own church, and he picked me up. Since I kept smelling Ian's Pizza across the street from where we gathered, I was totally jonesin' for it, so we went to the Ian's Pizza at Garver Mill. I had a four-cheese slice, and a slice with what looked like kale on it (it tasted way better than that description might lead you to believe), plus we had lemon lavender ice cream. Protesting makes you gain weight, I guess. But the protest did show up as a workout on my FitBit. 

Last week some people came to Travalon's work from the university, and they brought Ozobot, which is a tiny little robot used to teach kids elementary programming. The robot can follow a line, blinking blue, and then if you make part of the line red or green, it will light up that color, and if you do other things, it will turn around. Travalon shot some footage of it, and it's totes adorbs.


I kind of want an ozobot, but they aren't cheap, and I don't need one. Aren't they cute, though?


Famous Hat


No comments: