Thursday, October 27, 2022

More Ice Age Trail Photos

 

I have some terrible news: my light-up unicorn horn doesn't light up anymore! Who could have foreseen that a four-year-old cheap plastic piece of crap would cease working?? This evening the secret club I'm in had a Zoom Halloween party, and I was going to make them all envious with my light-up unicorn horn (that, may I remind you, flashed in four distinct patterns), but I had to settle for the Carmen Miranda hat I have featured on this blog before. That I got for 50 cents at a garage sale, but it will never stop working because it never started working. It just exists.

As promised, here are some more photos from Sunday. First, some shots from the segment of the Ice Age Trail that goes along the canal in Portage.







These next photos are from the segment of the Ice Age Trail that goes through John Muir Nature Preserve, where there is a small lake called Ennis Lake and an oak savannah.





These look like conifers that are changing colors. Maybe they are tamaracks, since those lose their needles.


More oaks in the oak savannah.



When we came home, we went along the edge of the Wisconsin River. These photos are from the causeway that passes over Lake Wisconsin.









I love how exotic it looks, like a land of ocean, mountains, and islands. We didn't take the ferry because we were already on the south side of the lake, so it would have made no sense to cross over it and then just have to cross back over it again. Hopefully we get a chance to take it again soon.


Famous Hat


No comments: