Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Racing the 28 Bus, Part Two

 

Today was a busy day with our new boss, but I got a lot of problems solved, so now he probably thinks I'm way more brilliant than I actually am. The real excitement came at the end of the day, when I waited and waited and waited, and waited, and waited some more for the 28 bus. Finally I decided it wasn't going to come and I'd just take the 2 bus that comes fifteen minutes later... and the 2 came right on time with the 28 right in front of it. Before I could decide which one to take, since they both go to the North Transfer Point, the 28 blew by us without stopping. It must have really been packed! So we all got on the 2 bus, which was right behind the 28 until one stop, when all the people who were getting off at that stop had gotten off, but people were still streaming out of the 28 bus, so the 2 went around it and passed it. Take that, 28 bus! 

I wondered which bus would get to the North Transfer Point first, since the 2 bus pokes around the Capitol Square while the 28 goes straight up Johnson Street, but then the 28 goes back into the neighborhoods while the 2 goes straight once it gets to Johnson Street. So one loses time early in the route, and the other one loses it later in the route. Our 2 bus got to the North Transfer Point just before six, and there was no sign of the 28 bus, which just goes to the garage after getting there. (The 2 bus becomes another route at the North Transfer Point.) I figured it had beaten us there and already left for the garage, so I noted that the 28 gets there faster than the 2... but after I got in my car and pulled out of the parking lot, I saw a bus that said "Garage" pulling into the North Transfer Point. That must have been the 28! Take THAT, 28 bus!! I beat you again!! No idea why it was so late in the first place...


Famous Hat


No comments: