Saturday, November 19, 2022

Afternoon at the Domes

 

Last night Travalon and I went with our neighbor to a fish fry at the East Side Club. It was a practice run, so only members and their guests were invited, and they wanted to know how it went. It was a bit chaotic for us, since we had to order at the bar and give them our table number, and then our neighbor got her food but we waited for fifteen minutes with no sign of our food, while other people got theirs. Finally I went to the kitchen, and they said they didn't have an order for Table 8. I went to the bar, and they didn't know what happened either, but just then someone brought our food out. Our neighbor, who had been a waitress for many years, said they need to run things more like a real restaurant. Still, we had a great time. Then I went home and talked to Tiffy.

Today Travalon and I went to visit his mother in the hospital, where she is recovering from a recent health scare. She still has her sense of humor; she said, "I'd like to go somewhere, but I'm probably only going six feet under." Then we met Tiffy at the Park and Ride in Milwaukee, and we went to a soul food restaurant for lunch before going to the Domes for the afternoon. Travalon took lots of great photos, and I took a few myself, but it got late tonight, so I'll have to post them tomorrow. The Show Dome was all decorated for Christmas, then we went to the Tropical Dome, and we finished up in the Desert Dome, which we like best of all. Tiffy headed home, while Travalon and I went to Brookfield Mall because he used to go there all the time and was curious about what's there now. Plus you know us - when it's cold out, we do mall walking, and this whole week has felt like winter, complete with snow. We got our steps there, and in a local artists' shop I got two pairs of earrings: tiny ukuleles and tiny jars of Nutella. We also went to the bookstore, and Travalon got me a plush keychain of a smiling Christmas tree. It goes really well with my smiling plush bubble tea that used to be a keychain. They are like best friends. I will try to post photos soon. The ukulele earrings will be perfect for the Christmas party at the East Side Club, because the Wauna Ukes are playing again, and maybe they will ask me to sit in again like last year. If I'm going to be playing the ukulele in public, I might as well be wearing ukulele earrings. What I really need are tiny mandolin earrings. How awesome would that be to wear to a gig?


Famous Hat


No comments: