Thursday, November 10, 2022

Vacuum that Sucks

 

Two weeks ago my boss told me I'd be getting a raise, but only today did I get the official letter. It said my new rate of pay would be X dollars and 71.99999999 cents. The letter hadn't come from my boss but the college human resources department, so I told him I'd finally gotten it and then told him my pay rate. He said what?? The department had definitely asked for my new rate to be X dollars and 72 cents. I said yeah, missing out on that trillionth of a cent I'll be cheated of, oh, nothing by the time I retire. I am guessing they had some computer program that generated this, so I'll see what my paystub says tomorrow. If it actually says X dollars and 71.999999999 cents, then I'll really have to cut back my spending to make up for that trillionth of a cent.

I just noticed this in the break room at work today: there's a note above the vacuum.


Here's a closeup of the note:


This made me laugh way too hard. I mean, if the vacuum sucks, is that good or bad? A vacuum is supposed to suck, is it not? Otherwise, how does it pick up the dirt? Maybe Joanna meant to say that this vacuum doesn't suck?


Famous Hat


No comments: