Friday, November 4, 2022

Guitar Concert Featuring Mr. Hardingfele and the Son-in-Law of Denni

 

Sorry that I haven't blogged in several days. Wednesday at lunch, as I was walking along the Lakeshore Path, I heard and then saw a loon. It had its winter coloration, and I thought how cool it would be if Travalon were there with his good camera to get a photo of it. After work I went to Richard Bonomo's house, because the family of Mr. Why were visiting from Singapore. We talked a bit, and they gave us lovely tote bags from Singapore, but they were tired after traveling that day, so they headed to their hotel to rest while Travalon, Rich, Pete the Sailor Man, and I went to the Mexican restaurant near Rich's house. 

Yesterday at lunch I saw and heard the loon again. After work I again went to Rich's house, and I helped him get ready for a dinner party for the family of Mr. Why. Kathbert and Pete the Sailor Man came too. It was a wonderful dinner party, although Mr. Why's brother had to check some work emails during dinner. I'd hate to have a job where they expected me to check my email during my vacation in another country! I guess they like me well enough at my job; my new boss said that I'll be getting a raise, and that this was decided before he started, but from what he's seen of me, he agrees with it. So starting next week I'll be making more money.

Today I worked from home, so I have no idea if the loon was still around. Also, it was very rainy here, and the word is that downtown there was actually hail, so both the loon and I probably would have been hiding from the weather. After work I met Jilly Moose at the Tip Top Tavern for a fish fry, then we met Travalon at Cargo Coffee East, where both the Daughter of Denni's brother-in-law and Hardingfele's husband were playing the guitar. Originally Jilly Moose and I had been planning to go to a flamenco show at the North Street Cabaret, but when I saw this show on social media, I told Travalon, "It's the collaboration you've been dreaming of!" Honestly, I had no idea that they knew each other... and as it turns out, they didn't, but Hardingfele and the Daughter of Denni kind of remembered each other from a birthday bike ride years ago. Hardingfele is going to try to get our band a gig at this venue, if we even still have a band, since we haven't practiced in a couple of months and half the band is octogenarians. The Daughter of Denni said her band is getting weird too; there are five members, but three of them have formed a different band and taken some of the gigs the full band usually had. I said that's musicians for you - I was once fired from a band by being told they wouldn't be practicing for a while, and one of my classmates in Irish class said the same thing happened to a friend of hers who was in a band. Truly, you don't have to be a super famous band to have the same level of drama, except with a lot less cocaine and private jets. Anyway, it was a really fun evening, and I love how Travalon and I were the bridge between the two performers.


Famous Hat


No comments: