Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Future Site of the Disco Cafe?

 

Last week when I walked on the Lakeshore Path during lunch, I kept seeing and hearing loons. On Monday I heard two of them, and then I spotted them, flapping their wings. They have their winter coloration now, but oddly one had blacker wings and one had whiter ones. I wish I'd had a camera! Today at lunch I went to a free organ concert at the Lutheran church where I used to sing (where I saw Kathbert and Pete the Sailor Man), so at my afternoon break I went down to the Lakeshore Path, but I neither heard nor saw any loons.

My main adventure today was a field trip back to the creepy storage room in the building across the street. My readers may remember how we got lost in the basement and searched frantically for the exit for forty minutes. Our new boss heard us refer to "The Room" several times and finally decided he needed to see it for himself, plus it's still kind of in the Halloween season so a creepy basement room would be seasonally appropriate. The three of us who had been there before led him, the new girl, and our chair over, but this time we went in the door I go into when visiting Hardingfele, and from that direction we had a terrible time finding it. While we were in it, looking around, my old boss (who now works in that building) stopped by and laughed at us. Travalon and I had just watched the episode of The Office where the main character turns the storage closet he had been using for his now-defunct paper company into a disco cafe, so I suggested we could do the same thing with this storage closet, although honestly it has too many boxes (and cockroach parts) scattered all over the floor to make a good disco. We'd need more room to dance. I did find a box with this rather ominous message on it:


It makes you wonder what was in those "massive numbers of boxes of records." But it's been over a decade now, so get over it.

And I can't resist a little DuoLingo bragging:


DuoLingo has a new setup, and it makes perfect sense in French, but I'm not sure what to do in Irish because I've already done the whole course. It used to have cracked lessons to show me what to review, but I'm so puzzled by the current setup that I haven't done Irish in several days, just French. I'll tackle it at some point...


Famous Hat


No comments: