Thursday, November 17, 2022

Racing the 28 Bus, Part III

 

Tonight the 28X but came much later than usual, and then it was really full, with tons of people standing in the aisles, just like the dreaded regular 28 bus always used to be. For a moment I wondered if I'd be better off waiting for the regular 28 bus, but I did get on, and shockingly my favorite seat was available. Most of the way through the route there were still quite a few people on the bus, and then the regular 28 passed us, so maybe there really were less people on it. Then our driver got really aggressive in trying to catch up to the regular 28 bus, even though he had to keep stopping to let people off and it didn't. He almost ran over a pedestrian! I think this might be the same driver who, a few weeks ago, refused to stop for a group of black teenagers at a stop pretty far down the line, so by then there was plenty of room on the bus. He just hollered at them, "There's a bus right behind me!" I couldn't believe he could just refuse to stop for people like that, but at least when we got to the North Transfer Point, there was indeed a bus right behind us, so hopefully it picked those poor kids up.

This evening we watched the Packers lose to the Titans. I have to say that the Titans got some clever plays off, but mostly the problem with the Packers is three basic things: 1. The Offense stinks. 2. The Defense stinks. 3. Special Teams stinks. The defense did get a big stop in the Red Zone!... and then they went three and out. Rasul Douglas got an interception!... and the offense couldn't get any points off of it. But I think the basic problem is that they have an overpaid quarterback who has flashes of brilliance but mostly can't get anything started. If I was that terrible at my job, I'd get fired, and I'm not even being paid millions and millions and millions of dollars. You would think they would bench Rodgers and give Jordan Love a chance, but I can't figure out what this Packers organization is up to, other than not winning. Are they committed to losing? Because it sure seems that way.


Famous Hat


No comments: