Thursday, December 22, 2022

Beer Passport Emergency

 

Today was supposed to be a very snowy day, but it didn't really seem that bad, just cold and windy. I worked from home, and at first I only left the house to bring something to a neighbor. I got steps from walking around inside the house with Travalon and our various stuffed animals. Then I read my blog post about what we gave each other last Christmas, and we had both forgotten the beer passport I had given him. There are only a few days left to use it, so we decided to brave the cold tonight and go out to the brewery that specializes in gluten-free beer. They have gluten-free pizzas too, so that's what we had for dinner. Then we drove around looking at Christmas lights in a nearby neighborhood.

I am wearing a bright pink hoodie today, and as I was debating about changing into something else to go out (like it mattered? only the bartender was there), I looked in the mirror and thought wow, actually this color looks really good on me. Suddenly I had a Christmas memory from long ago, when I was home visiting from college. My brother was in the choir at our high school, and I went to their Christmas concert with my parents. Someone had made a video of it, and at some point I was watching it with my parents. To our surprise, whoever was making the video zeroed right in on me singing happily in the audience along to some carol where we were all invited to sing. I did seem to glow in a bright pink sweater, with my (back then) very blonde hair. It was funny that I was more the star of the video than my brother, who was actually on the stage. My guess is some young guy was making the video, and he was focused on the "hot" co-ed in the audience. Nobody would call me hot now, but bright pink still flatters me.

Here are some photos. I've had these two Christmas bears since before I was a hot co-ed in the audience. They used to have hats, which are probably somewhere in the house.


Today my uncle asked how things were in Madtown, and I said we were out drinking beer. I said I'd seen a meme on social media: "Bad weather alert. Southerners, avoid travel. Northerners, wear your big coat." And it's so true! Nothing keeps us from beer. He sent this photo.


Here are some photos of houses in a neighborhood not too far from ours.







Tomorrow is supposed to be very cold and very windy, but we might try to get out to another tavern or two. I doubt that in the week we have left we can hit all twenty-five of them.


Famous Hat


No comments: