Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Chickpea Socks

 

I forgot to mention that yesterday we stopped by Banzo to get some falafel, and they now have socks. I asked how much the socks were, and it turns out we had enough points in our rewards account to cover most of the cost, so I got these socks for $2. They have chickpeas on them since falafel is kind of Banzo's thing.


Today a few people popped into work, not my coworkers but some grad students and academic staff. I did take a long walk at lunch with Hardingfele, who was looking for a cat near the geology building. During our walk, a big chunk of ice fell off of a building and almost landed on Hardingfele's head - that was shocking! We didn't find any sign of the cat. When we got back to her office, she gave me some Russian chocolates for my birthday. 

After work, Travalon and I went to another brewery on the Bar Passport, One Barrel. On Wednesday they have chicken wings, and oh were they good! We also split a big, soft pretzel. I had a raspberry sour. Our neighbor asked if we could pick up some dog food for her on the way home, and I thought she wanted me to buy it for her, but she said it would be up at the counter, and the guy said it was already paid for. Then we went to meet her new puppy Lucy. She's so cute!!



Happy birthday to OK Cap today, and happy late birthday to Hardingfele, whose birthday is on the Solstice. Last night when we were downtown for my adoration hour, Travalon and I ran into an old coworker of mine from the Press, and he and his wife were getting a gyro because it was her birthday, and that's what she always does on her birthday. I'm surprised so many people have birthdays in late December, since it's the rarest time of year to be born. The day you are statistically least likely to be born is Christmas Day. The day you are statistically most likely to be born? Tiffy's birthday.

Apparently I was on fire tonight while doing French on Duolingo:


I have finally gone back to doing Irish half the time, but man oh man, French is just so much easier! It said I was doing Irish with 80% accuracy, so that gives you some idea how much harder it is for me. Mostly it's the spelling. I don't get it, I'm a good speller in English, a language that makes no sense, and Irish does have some internal consistency in its spelling rules, but I guess I'm too old to learn them. French may not be the easiest language either, with all its silent letters, but I learned it long ago when my brain was fresh and could absorb these spelling rules.


Famous Hat


No comments: