Friday, December 9, 2022

Holiday Train 2022

 

Yesterday toward the end of the day, my boss stopped by to tell me I could work from home today, then he said, "Oh wait, you always work from home on Fridays." There was supposed to be a snowstorm, and even the technophobe faculty member had said their meeting was going to be on Zoom. Sure enough, when we woke up this morning, it was snowing very hard. Poor Travalon had to go into work in the afternoon, and he said on the way in it was treacherous, but it wasn't so bad on the way home. I took some pictures of the snow.





Since the roads were much clearer by the time Travalon got home, we decided to go to Columbus to to see the Holiday Train. On the way there it started to snow, but we kept going. One of the houses by the tracks had some lovely lights.


Lots of people joined us to see the train pass by and slow down as it approached the Columbus train station, where there was a show. Travalon and I both got great videos of the train, which I will post at some point. Here is a photo he took of the train after it had passed us.


This is a house in town that someone told us belonged to an electrician.


Travalon remembered that there was a bridge going over the train tracks, so we headed that way and parked in front of this little Protestant church.


There was a guy there with a camera set up on a stand and a thing like a police scanner, only to listen to the train people. Other people joined us, and then the Holiday Train passed underneath us, and we got awesome videos of that too. I hope to post them soon.

Once we came home, I did my Duolingo lessons and got this:


That is nice, but I don't really care since I'm on such a high from seeing the Holiday Train. It's two of my favorite things combined: trains and Christmas lights. The only way it could be improved is if it played good music instead of terrible music.


Famous Hat


No comments: