Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Driving to Work

 

Yesterday was not a particularly noteworthy day until the evening, when the Packers actually beat another team! It was the Rams, who are the defending Super Bowl champions, but you wouldn't know it because they stink this year, even more than the Packers. This means our playoff hopes live to see another day, but the day they die will probably be Christmas, because that is when we play the Dolphins, who are having a stellar year, in Miami. Maybe Travalon and I should have tried to get tickets, because while I don't relish watching the Packers lose live, I would love a trip to Miami for Christmas.

Today was more noteworthy because I drove to work. The parking lot right next to the Killer Building said it was "full," which seems inconceivable when nobody is on campus right now. Fortunately I had a Plan B and that panned out, because I had no Plan C. (Not totally true, but Plan C would have involved a long walk.) The reason I drove was because I was going to a retirement party on the other side of campus, so I drove to that building and parked, and then right after the really fun retirement party I drove to the dentist's office. From there I drove to Adoration, and I got there a little early, so I went to Little Luxuries to find gifts for my coworkers. I also found a really cute stuffed moon, so I got that. There was still a little time before my adoration hour, so I went into the library, and the weird little stuffed "mer-cat" that has been there for ages has been moved to another spot, as if it was in the way. I felt bad for it, and it has grown on me over time. It must be abandoned if nobody has come back for it by now, so I brought it home too. Here they are.


Then this evening when I did DuoLingo, I got this sticker!


Boy, that's a lot of time messing around in Irish and French, and I'm still not fluent in either one.


Famous Hat


No comments: