Monday, March 27, 2023

Back to Band Practice

 

Last night I went to band practice for the first time in ages, and it was everything I could have hoped. They had it last week, but three of us couldn't make it, which is a shame because a new bass player joined us. She was there last night too, playing the stand-up bass, and it really added to the sound of the band. I have been envying all these jazz bands and klezmer bands and Irish bands and early music ensembles, wishing I could play with them, but last night I felt like my band was exactly the band I wanted to be playing with. We have a couple of gigs coming up, but I don't really care about that. I just want to make music with other people again. Of course we talked a lot too, but since most of us are friends with each other on MyFace, we don't have to do too much catching up. It was one band member's 85th birthday, so we sang "Happy Birthday" to her. She made cupcakes for the choir, but not for us, which seems funny because there are so many people in the choir, and only six of us. Oh well.

Here is a photo of the new moose that Anna Banana II gave to Jilly Moose. His name is Major Moonshot because he's from an Air Force base in North Dakota.


I found this written in the snow on campus when I went for a walk.


Does anyone know what it says? I think it might be Korean but really have no idea.

And Travalon drew another undersea creature.


He's getting to be the artist in the family! I used to be good at drawing, but I haven't done it in years, and now when I draw something, it looks so pathetic. I must be out of practice.


Famous Hat


No comments: