Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Big Fat Greek Water Park

Sometimes I envy Toque McToque for her job, because she could write an interesting blog just about the people who call. Today she had one woman call who had been trying to log in but forgot she does not have access to the internet. Then another one was upset because on a form she had received from Toque's office it said: "Attachment - N" as in none, but she had not received any Attachment N.

When I said I was tired of this 9-5 stuff, perhaps I should have been more specific. Actually, I start work well before 9 am, but I was contacted about a job that starts at 6:30. Yikes!!! That's about the time I roll out of bed in the morning, and that is painful enough. I can't imagine being at work by that time! Those 7 am meetings we have at my current job once a month are painful enough. (It doesn't help that they are in a conference room we aren't allowed to bring coffee into. Doesn't that violate the Geneva Conventions??)

This weekend Anna Banana II and I went to a water park and also rode the go-karts. I figured I could out-drive those punk kids, having many years of driving experience (none of your business how many), but I always came in second to last, just before Anna Banana II. And of course there was always one punk kid who mistook go-karts for bumper cars. Dude, you aren't cool, just illiterate. See the sign that says "No bumping"? Or did you think that was for decorative purposes? The water park had a cheesy Greek mythology theme and was a lot of fun; in keeping with the cheese factor, we had to get some ice cream in little beads. I had looked all over town for cheap water shoes before this outing, but everyone was either out for the season or only had expensive ones. Wouldn't you know that as they routed us through the gift shop on the way into the water park I found exactly the shoes I wanted? Although I wasn't necessarily thinking of getting them in retinal-damage neon green.

Famous Hat

No comments: