Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Disgruntled State Worker Skip Day

Right now I am blogging at Rich's house because I never went to work. That's right, today was Disgruntled State Worker Skip Day! (also DeNiece's birthday, so if you're reading this, Happy Birthday!) I called in sick, and maybe I was, since I had a sore throat and crashed on my futon until 3 in the afternoon. What was the nature of my illness? I'd guess Sick of Work, but who knows? It has been a long time since I was a Gruntled State Worker. Is it because one of those words has to disappear from the phrase? Perhaps I can be a state worker, but not gruntled; perhaps I can be a gruntled worker, but not for the state; and I'm guessing I would be most gruntled if I didn't have to be a worker at all. Now that is a very common sickness!

Famous Hat

No comments: