Friday, August 20, 2010

The Stupid Trophy: Call for Nominations

It's the First Annual Famous Hat Stupid Awards! Toque McToque wanted to know what the winner gets, so I said, "The Stupid Trophy." She wondered what that would look like, so I have created an image.

The Stupid Trophy


Your mission (if you choose to accept it) is to nominate candidates for the Stupid Trophy. When I get enough nominations (a number I will arbitrarily decide on), then all 4.6 of my loyal readers can vote for the winner of the Stupid Trophy. You can nominate as many people as you like, so I am nominating three today.

1. My office mate, Light Bright. If you want reasons she should win, read any post about her.

2. The cop who patrols the Farmers' Market on the lookout for "trouble." He hassled my band about busking, even though we explicitly turned down any tips people offered us. I have it on good authority that he also hassles the people who give out free coffee. A cop complaining about free coffee??? Now that's worthy of a Stupid Trophy!

3. Once during a thunderstorm, a coworker kindly offered another coworker and me a ride home. We were talking about lightning, and I said that I had heard the number one place people die in thunderstorms is on golf courses. We were all wondering who would go golfing during a lightning storm... and just then we drove past a golf course and, sure enough, there were some people (all of the male variety) playing golf. (Lest you think I am being sexist and think women undeserving of a Stupid Trophy, go back and look at my #1 nomination.)

Feel free to nominate as many people as you want!

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Famous Hat said...

Toque McToque wants to nominate our former neighbor, who hates minorities so she wants to move to .... wait for it... New Orleans! No minorities down there, right?

Richard Bonomo said...

I herewith nominate Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the individual who is pushing the idea of an Islamic center 2 blocks from Ground Zero in Manhattan, for not realizing that the idea of building a major new Islamic facility so close to a structure that had been destroyed by Muslim fanatics only 9 years ago might not be embraced by the American public.