Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tattletale!

Sometimes I wonder, what is wrong with people? It’s not as obvious as what is wrong with, say, rabbits. Just the other day I had a huge fight with Cashmere when she gobbled down her piece of banana and then stole Charlie’s piece away from him. She ran under the desk and I pulled her out by her ears, I was so angry… and then it occurred to me that, duh, rabbits have no sense of justice. As far as I know, most people over the age of reason cannot use the same excuse, so then why are they so unjust?

One example of what I consider an injustice is tattling, which seems to be a favorite activity of at least one of my coworkers. How else to explain that nobody ever says anything bad to me and then at my annual review there are suddenly all sorts of anonymous allegations against me? By then it is so long after the fact that I may not even remember what incident they are referring to, or who it involved (Anonymous Coworker), so how can I defend myself? No actual court of law would ever work like that. You always have the right to face your accuser. But little girls and Anonymous Coworker don’t have the cajones to face the person they are slandering. Now little girls I can understand, because of course they have no cajones, but Anonymous Coworker is an adult male so you would hope he does. But apparently not.

Toque McToque sent me an article from CNN.com that actually says the following regarding issues with coworkers: "It's almost always best to talk directly to the other person." That’s right, if you have something to say about me, say it to my face, Anonymous Coworker. I’m tired of your little chicken poop act. I’m also sick of the bizarre ring tone on Light Bright’s phone, but that is another matter entirely.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele and Plysj said...

Now I am intrigued. I want to know what tone she has on her phone. And yes, male tattlers, perhaps the cajones are missing or there is some lack of testosterone, I mean tattling, that is so 3rd grade.

Famous Hat said...

That pretty much sums it up, Hardingfele. I love how the ads on this post are all for employment lawyers, since I am the one who needs them and I am not allowed to click on the ads on my own blog. Someone else look for me and tell me if there is anything useful...