Thursday, August 5, 2010

Litagy of Reasons for Not Blogging

What most of my faithful readers are probably wondering is: why have I been silent for so long? It was a combination of a cold (in the summer? I know!) and preparing for battle. Today I had my annual evaluation and had been forewarned that it would not be pretty, so I was braced for an ugly fight. However, almost everyone was an adult about it, and we amicably came to an agreement that this job simply does not mesh well with my particular skills. So I am still employed here but am looking, and they promised to give me a good reference.

The one immature individual in the bunch was surprisingly quiet for most of the meeting and at one point came out with this gem: “Your email came across as a litagy of complaints!” I’m guessing he meant a litany of complaints and just sort of mashed the word together with liturgy, since they are both “churchy” words.

Enough about work. Here are a couple of shots of what Toque McToque calls my "Fishy McMansion," kindly taken by Palm Tree Fan when she was in my office for actual work reasons. You can see how Tallis and Amminadab have much more room than they did in that old bowl, and you can also see how Tallis has one reddish eye, as if she is hung over... but only on one side.





Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele and Plysj said...

So litagy is a Bushism like strategery and misunderestimate. I guess this guy is in good company :-)
The Fish McMansion looks awesome. Buddy and Vinny would love to check it out

Famous Hat said...

I won't refudiate your observation!

Vinny and Buddy have to get their own Fish McMansion. They can't have mine.