Friday, August 6, 2010

Famous Hat's New Career

I have been saying for years that I need a REAL career, enough with these jobs that have grandiose titles but are actually just secretarial positions. I have pondered (and rejected) the following career paths: sensationalistic journalist (RIP Weekly World News), dry ice sculptor, and full-contact urban planner. But now it's time to get serious.

I enjoy working with the following things: plants, animals, words, music, computers.
I do not like working as well with the following things: people, numbers.

I would like a job that entails some physical labor, and I would love to be outside, but the fact that I can practically get a moonburn means that landscaping or archaeology might not be the best choices. Are there outdoor jobs that are always in the shade, or that only take place at dawn and dusk? And of course my ideal job would be located somewhere near water. It would not have to pay a fortune, but it should pay enough for me to afford my teeny condo and maybe even take a vacation or two. Preferably it would be in a tropical climate, but only if it pays well enough that I can afford to move. It needs to be ethical; no mercenary jobs or anything involving abortion. If I have to be stuck in an office, I would prefer a window.

Anyone have any ideas? What should my next career move be? Unfortunately there is a four-year waiting list for the computer animation program around here.

Famous Hat

No comments: