Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Falling... and Not in Love


At the behest of my office mate Light Bright, I am doing a series this week on “People Falling… and Not in Love.” Since yesterday got away from me and I never posted, today I will give you two stories about me, personally, falling. The first story happened just a couple of weeks ago, right after choir practice, when I somehow missed the bottom step and fell right on my knee. I saw Luxuli watching me through the door, and I was mightily embarrassed, but she was just wondering if I was OK. Good thing it was the bottom step! My knee hurt for a week. Imagine if it had been the top stair that I missed!

In fact, that was almost what happened in my other story, which happened years ago. I was carrying a full laundry basket down some carpeted stairs, and maybe two steps down I slipped and fell on my bum all the way down the stairs. At the bottom I was a little dazed but basically fine. Truthfully, I seem to have issues with stairs; twice I have fallen on them and sprained my ankle, so that time I got off easy. It’s enough to make me think I should always live on the ground floor and not have a basement.

Tomorrow: more people falling!

Famous Hat

No comments: