Friday, June 22, 2012

We Have Arrived

Tiffy and I drove our rented Lincoln with air-conditioned seats (quite a luxury when the temperature is over 100 degrees here) through Nebraska to Colorado, where it was so windy that our directions got sucked out of the car the moment I opened the door. Fortunately Tiffy had printed out a copy herself, so we still had them. Lots of tumbleweeds blew across the highway as we drove toward Denver, then we turned off onto Highway 34 and saw a real live cowboy herding cattle. He was riding a horse and even wearing a cowboy hat. Finally we came to the mountains and drove on a twisty road through Big Thompson Canyon to get to the Shack-Toe, a bright yellow cabin. Our hosts are not here at the moment, so I am entertaining myself by blogging. This is a very rustic place, and they have a composting toilet, but they do have internet access. I guess you can't escape it.

Famous Hat

No comments: