Friday, June 8, 2012

Racing Myself


When I bike to work, lots of people pass me, and I rarely pass anyone. That’s fine, I’m not in a race with any of them. The only one I am racing is Hypothetical Me Who Took the Bus. Most mornings I arrive just before my bus peeps trudge up the hill, so then I barely won the race with Hypothetical Me. (Of course, once you count the extra time it takes me to lock up my bike, I am in a dead tie with Hypothetical Me.) On Wednesday I could see my bus peeps ahead of me but never did catch up to them, so that day I lost the race to Hypothetical Me. It probably helps me beat Hypothetical Me that there is a lot of construction on the main drag the bus goes down, which slows it down and allows me to pull ahead of Hypothetical Me. Once the construction is done, I might not have any advantage over Hypothetical Me. Of course, by then it might be cooler out, so maybe I will go back to riding the bus anyway. I’m not one of those hardcore, bike all winter types like Richard Bonomo.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

They are always passing me on the bikes. The bus peeps pass me right when the construction quits. No I am not fast and neither is my hypothetical me who would be talking about cats to the lady talks about gardening on the bus

Famous Hat said...

Hypothetical Me on the bus usually has to stand.