Monday, June 18, 2012

Rich's Biking Adventure


Saturday Ma and Pa Hat came to town, so I took them to lunch for an early Father’s Day treat. Richard Bonomo, Luxuli, Jilly Moose, and OK Cap came along to see them again (Rich) or meet them (everyone else). I can understand – I am always curious about other people’s parents. In my case I look just like the two of them put together, so there is no mistaking my relationship to them. That didn’t stop me from telling people I was adopted as a kid, since I didn’t want to admit any connection to them. When the other kids would point out that I looked just like my parents, I would say that they did a really good job matching us up at the adoption agency.

Yesterday I went biking with a bunch of Lutherans, including my choir director, Kathbert, Banjo Player, and the fiddler from my band who is not Hardingfele. Rich was running late and said he would catch up to us, so he biked really hard, caught up… and got a flat tire. He stopped to change his tire and raced to catch up with the group again. Just as he caught up, our fiddler had a flat tire, so he had to stop to help her, since he was the only one with a tire pump. By that time, those of us toward the front of the pack had reached our destination, an ice cream shop, and were happily eating ice cream. By the time Rich got to the ice cream shop, the first arrivers were ready to head back to Madtown, but I said I would stay with him. Good thing, since the people who got there later were mostly families with small children, and they were all having people pick them up and drive them back. So Rich and I headed back at a leisurely pace since I am never in a hurry and he was totally exhausted from his futile efforts to catch the group.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Richard Bonomo said...

Yes, that is the way it was. Apparently God really wanted the fiddler to have an tire pump there for her.
BTW, you were not with your choir director. You were with your OTHER choir director. ;-)

Famous Hat said...

This is true, but I didn't think to specify since earlier I had said I was with a bunch of Lutherans.