Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chipmunk Story Revisited


Remember the post about Hardingfele rescuing the chipmunk from her cat, getting bitten, and worrying about rabies? Turns out she was concerned about the wrong disease; she should have been worried about the Black Plague, as this story illustrates.

Toque McToque would probably not save a chipmunk, since she is frustrated with one that keeps digging up her flowers. Here, in her own words, is how her latest encounter with it went down:

On Sunday I was in the backyard and saw that f-ing chipmunk I’ve been after on the back stoop. I ran towards it yelling, hoping to scare it enough that it wouldn’t come back to my yard. It looked at me coming, turned around, paused and then thought better of it. Next thing I know it’s coming in my direction…..I screamed like a little girl and took off running. Turns out that it was really headed for the gigantic thistles growing next to the neighbor’s side of the duplex, nowhere near where I was. I thought my mom was going to pee her pants laughing. So much for being tough!!

This could make an interesting movie too. Maybe we’ll have to add another scene to our long-promised chipmunk movie, which does exist except for Scenario I. Someday I promise to post it here.

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Hardingfele said...

Maybe we can have the haz mat suits and yell bring out your dead. I wonder what the neighbor would think!