Monday, September 16, 2013

A Post Not About Food or Beer

Hardingfele says all I ever blog about is food and beer, but today I am going to blog about something completely different: tobacco. Tiffy came up this weekend, and among the things we did to celebrate her birthday was go to the Hookah Lounge and smoke a hookah. We got mint chocolate chip-flavored tobacco, which I did not like quite as well as the flowery flavors, like rose and jasmine, but it was still good. Travalon, Tiffy, and I attempted to blow smoke rings, but we had no luck with this venture.

We got to the Hookah Lounge just in time for the belly dancing show, and the girl danced with a sword and with long things on her fingers set on fire, which she put out with her mouth at the end of that dance. The waitress asked how we liked the show afterwards, and I realized I have seen quite a bit of belly dancing for not being all that interested in the art form. Part of it is having played in not one but two Mideastern bands that had belly dancers accompanying them. That is how I met Mamastep; she has done belly dancing and is always up for seeing it. If I had to pick a favorite kind of dancing, maybe it would be that Javanese dancing they do to gamelan music, although it’s hard to beat watching a really good couple dance to salsa. I’d rather be doing the dancing than watching it, but nobody would want to watch me dance! 

Famous Hat

No comments: