Friday, September 13, 2013

Water

Everyone is throwing around the phrase “First World problems” these days, but the latest controversy I have read about can’t help but make me think of it. It seems the First Lady, who has championed various healthy living initiatives, is now advocating that people drink more water… and some people are complaining about this! Are they worried that people will actually drink so much water that they will suffer from hyponatremia? No, they just insist the science does not back up her claim that more water is good for you. I think that, no matter what your political leanings may be, you have to side with the First Lady on this one. We should just be grateful we live in a country where fresh water is easily available, and I for one do not take that for granted. Once my water got cut off for a couple hours when they were doing construction near my condo, and while it wasn’t a huge inconvenience for a couple of hours, it did make me wonder how I would survive if my water were permanently cut off. Time to get that water purification kit and prepare to hike to the lake every day! Anyway, I find it odd that anyone would criticize the First Lady for her stand on water, because if people are drinking more water, then odds are they are drinking less soda, and that can only be a good thing. I think we should just all be grateful that we have water to drink, and I drink it all day long, as Travalon could tell you. He jokes that I am a camel because I can store so much water. Which brings me back to yesterday’s post, so maybe it’s time to wrap this up.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Travalon said...

Yes, you do drink water like a camel that just crossed the entire Sahara Desert- good for you though !!

Hardingfele said...

I think people have a visceral hatred for the Obamas and they will pick on the most trivial thing just for the sake of picking. And yes I should refill my glass about now and coffee does not count as water.