Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Playing Out

My band had a gig on Friday, and for once the entire band was there, which meant we outnumbered the audience. I realize that I never informed you, my readers, of this impending performance, so sorry about that. Many of you have already heard us perform, and this was more of the same. If you have never heard us, check out a hilarious documentary called “Fishin’ for Tradition: The Story of Lutefisk” because we provide all the music. Guess what we got paid for that? A free copy of the DVD! Not bad. What we got for Friday’s gig was $6 apiece in tips, which means someone in the audience was a very generous tipper. Last weekend we had a gig at an orchard playing for $25 worth of produce (I got apples and apple cider), and in a couple of weeks we’ll have a gig in Beloit playing songs we are still learning. That ought to be interesting. Believe me, I do not expect any of my readers to make the trek there!

Famous Hat

No comments: