Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Football Season Returns

My team (yes, I am a part owner) has just started their season again, and Sunday Travalon and I watched their first game, against San Francisco. Of course I have friends who loved the outcome of this game, because they are either Niners fans or, for some reason, Bears fans, but it was a disappointing way to start the season for us Packer Backers. Then again, it could have been so much worse – we didn’t even lose by a touchdown. The strangest part for me while watching this game is that I was still in baseball mode, so I was just not getting into football, usually a sport I love. Maybe all this discussion of brain damage to the players has made it less enjoyable to watch aggressive tackles. Has anyone else felt less comfortable with watching football because of this, or is it just me? I will have to get into football mode by November, because Travalon and I are going to a game at Lambeau, something I have always wanted to do. I went to a scrimmage there once but have never seen an actual game live. Is football like baseball, and way better live? I’ll let you know in November.

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Hardingfele said...

I am more disturbed not by the head banging but the hypothetical but probable fart in the pileup. All those big guys on top of each other..........