Thursday, September 12, 2013

Public Service Announcement: Deadly Camels

In the “Another Thing to Worry About” Department, there comes this story just posted on MyFace by Banjo Player about a deadly virus being spread by camels. I know what you are thinking: “But Famous Hat, I never have contact with camels! Why do I have to worry about this?” If you read the story closely, only the first few people who acquired the deadly virus had contact with camels. This would seem to imply that the rest had contact with people who had contact with camels. And if you think you are more than six degrees of separation from a camel, you are just deluding yourself. I myself have seen camels firsthand in the local zoo, which is possibly close enough contact to get sick, but to make matters worse, I once rode a camel, and Richard Bonomo has photographic proof of this. My ill-advised camel ride was over a year ago, so I probably am not going to get sick from it at this point, but think of the people who rode camels this year at the State Fair, and all the people they know, and you can see that you are not safe anywhere. My advice to you would be to hide under your bed until this pandemic is over.

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Hardingfele said...

They had them at a petting zoo at the Busch beer farm in St. Louis and it spit at me and Kari. So maybe we have been harboring virus for the past 12 years