Friday, December 6, 2013

Blogging after the Dentist



The big thing now seems to be filming your kid after he has had dental surgery and then posting the video online. First it was little kids, and now there’s a video of a teenager which is even funnier because teenagers have more vocabulary. What I’d like to see is a college professor after dental surgery. It occurs to me that I could write a very entertaining blog post after dental surgery, or at least after whatever it is they give you for it. Laughing gas? It would help me with those days, like today, when I have absolutely no idea what to blog about. I could blog about going out to dinner with Jilly Moose and OK Cap last night, but there isn’t much to say about that except that we each got a different flavor margarita: Jilly Moose had a coconut one, OK Cap had a mango one, and I had a guava one. Aren’t you glad you just wasted several  seconds of your life reading that sentence? Yesterday I ordered a CD of this Pakistani orchestra doing jazz standards after I saw their cover of Dave Brubeck’s “Take Five,” which was amazing. Know what isn’t amazing? Once I heard “Take Five” done in 6/8 time, which defeats the entire purpose, plus you lose the swing. Why do people do that? Why do they take perfectly good songs and then make weird changes to them? It makes you wonder if it was someone who just couldn’t hack playing in 5/4 time, so they simplified it. And did they change the name to “Take Six”? Because they really should. OK, maybe I don’t need laughing gas to be totally random.

Famous Hat

No comments: