Thursday, December 5, 2013

Poor Cashmere



Poor Cashmere, my girl bunny! She is so used to having Charlie with her 24/7, and now she is alone most of the day. I try to spend some time with her, but of course I’m at work all day long, and in the evenings I am generally busy as well. Cashmere had been warming up to me a little as Charlie was losing touch with reality, and now she actually seems really happy when I come home and sad when I leave. In the past she never seemed to care; Charlie was the one who was always happy to see me. Cashmere still does not want to interact too much, because let’s not go overboard with the “friendship” thing, right? She still will barely tolerate me petting her, but if I am sitting in my easy chair, she will come hang around me. She needs a buddy, but of what sort? In a few months she will be living with a cat and a dog, but in the meantime what should I do with her? She is too old and set in her ways to want to welcome a new rabbit into her life, unless he were also an elderly rabbit. He would need to be easygoing like Charlie was, because Cashmere is a complicated rabbit and she needs somebunny simple to keep her grounded. Does such a rabbit even exist? And would Cashmere let him live in her house? 

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele said...

Vinny, Sapphire, Freia and Buddy would love to be buddies with Cashmere and I think she can stand her ground to take Vinny down a peg or two. Actually the cat that would be her friend would probably be Freia because she is old and does not care much. The other three may decide to team up and eat her.

Famous Hat said...

Cashmere might be able to hold her own against Vinny. A-Joz says she is just like that rabbit in Monty Python's "Holy Grail."