Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Last Night's Torture Session



Last night Richard Bonomo and I went to the health club to work out. We did a whole bunch of machines that exercise different muscle groups, like the biceps and triceps, pecs and deltoids. We also did some exercises on the floor mat. By the time we got into the pool, I could barely lift my arms so I could only swim extremely slowly, like in one of those dreams where you are trying to run from something but can only move at an excruciatingly slow pace. Then Rich said let’s got to Jerkins and get something high protein. I wasn’t sure we could find anything high protein and low calorie at Jerkins, but would you believe they have a whole healthy section on their menu now? And what we had was delicious! Rich is going to make me work out one more time this year, because he can only use three guest passes in a year, which means in 2014 he can only torture me three times unless he becomes a member of my health club. He also told me no sugar except on Sundays and major feast days. At least that means I can still have pancakes with syrup for Sunday brunch…

Last night I had a dream that a bunch of us took a cruise to Antarctica, including Travalon, Tiffy, and Richard Bonomo. Maybe that was because I didn’t turn on the heat in my bedroom, since it was supposedly going to be warmer today. In my dream, Antarctica looked suspiciously like northern Wisconsin, and I wondered what sorts of plants people could grow in their gardens there, so they gave me some native plants in a pot. I was so happy!... and then my alarm went off.

Today I had to run an errand down on campus, and usually I just walk back. The weather people had promised us a warmer day today, so I had high hopes for a lovely walk back, but it was blustery so I did the Bus-Catching Boogie back to the office, looking over my shoulder every few beats to see if the bus was coming my way. It never did, so by the time I got back to the office, one of my coworkers commented that I looked a little frozen. He said my arms looked stiff, but that could just be from working out. I can barely lift them today.

Famous Hat

1 comment:

Travalon said...

No pine forests, taverns with Pabst Blue Ribbon signs or IGA grocery stores down in Antarctica at least not that I'm aware of..